Opinion by Consumer Advocate Tim Bolen
Down to the Nitty-Gritty of the SB 277 Lawsuit…
Yes, this is a lot to read. But, here, after laying out the situation for the Court, comes the details of exactly what laws the people responsible for SB 277’s passing, and implementation, broke. Yes, the language is strong and forceful, for it has to be.
What you are about to read is the essence of America – the expression, in language our forefathers would have used, to state what we, as Americans expect. The attorneys who wrote these words pulled no punches. They told it like it is.
We are on the march…
Below, is from the lawsuit First Amended Complaint document:
First Claim for Relief Against All Defendants (Violation of Freedom of Religion, Assembly, Parental Rights, 42 U.S.C. § 1983)
136. Plaintiffs incorporate by reference the foregoing paragraphs of this Complaint as though fully set forth herein.
137. Defendants deprived and continue to deprive Plaintiffs of their right to Free Exercise of religion, as secured by the First Amendment and made applicable to the states by the Fourteenth Amendment, by discriminating against Plaintiffs and their children because of the Plaintiffs’ religiously-motivated conduct in making exemption claims, including declining certain vaccines derived from or containing ingredients to which Plaintiffs object, including aborted fetal cells.
138. Defendants are also depriving Plaintiffs and their children of the right to freedom of assembly by depriving children of the right to attend secular or religious private schools of their choosing and by requiring that both public and private schools deny admission and education to children with PBEs.
139. Additionally, Defendants are infringing Plaintiffs’ rights to control the upbringing and education of their minor children according to the religion, system of values, and moral norms they deem appropriate and their rights to the care, custody, education of and association with their children.
140. Defendants are enforcing SB 277 under color of State law and are depriving and will continue to deprive Plaintiffs of numerous hybrid rights secured by the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution in violation of 42 U.S.C. § 1983. Continue reading SB 277 Lawsuit – Claims for Relief (The Nitty-Gritty)…